Saturday, June 20, 2009

birthDay cards & birFday wishes

yesterday was my grampa's birthday. He passed away the year I was born so I didn't get a chance to really know him. I did however, learn about what a great man he was & i heard all the fab stories from my momma & my gramma. can't wait to meet him again.

It was his 1st birthday he got to celebrate with his wife, my gramma, in heaven. I started thinking about birthdays. Filing all my papers away last weekend I came across the birthday card my gramma gave me last year. Crazy card with an orange dress w/feathers, she always loved my crazy outfits & this card "reminded her of me". LAst part of the card reads - "hope your day is great, plus many more to come. I love you, Gramma"

This was the 1st birthday of my entire life with no card from her. Sorry grampa, I know you two are having a great time, but i wish she was still here with me.

Happy Birthday, Alfie ~ lots of love, Sarahkate

my dad, my mom(Nomi in her belly), gramma & grampa

No comments: